Wednesday, March 16, 2011

the getaway

Happy Wedding Wednesday, friends!

Today, we are talking getaways. I've really come to appreciate the creative couple that plans an out-of-the-ordinary escape at the end of their reception. Horseback, golf cart, bicycle - the possibilities are truly endless. I'm loving this Swiss-style cable car getaway!




all images via {here}
Isn't that so fun? This New Hampshire mountain wedding was captured by Leigh Miller photography. Beautiful scenery can never hurt your chances of having great wedding photos, but Leigh Miller did a fantastic job with this event! Be sure to check out the rest of this gallery {here}.

What is the most fun getaway you've witnessed? Or did you have a unique getaway of your own? Do share in the comments!

xoxo,
Kat

PS: Pretty please check out this post and visit www.forjapanwithlove.com to learn how you can help those suffering from the quake/tsunami disasters in the Pacific! <3

16 comments:

  1. Stunning images. Love her shoes and they match perfectly with his tie! :) Hope you have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen some cute getaways in pedicabs or on scooters. Kind of have to be ready to maneuver in your dress I guess, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this - the perfect getaway is the perfect ending :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized that I never got any shots of my getaway! Although this one would be the ultimate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I love this! What a great idea and it makes for fabulous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katherine! This is one of my favorite getaways ON EARTH! I've been completely enamored with elopements and getaways lately. Thanks for sharing.

    http://joyisstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet! The perfect getaway is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! Those shots are killer. Makes me wish we'd put more thought into ours- not even a "Just Married" sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE! A fave would be the moped exit for weddings held during the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this! Such gorgeous views! Wish there was something like this near us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo yeh it doesn't get much better than that for a getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place to take some pictures!! And i love the color of her shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go New Hampshire! I'm a bit biased but I love these shots! My husband and I had a getaway with all our friends in a school bus - not intimate or romantic at all - but the driver was crazy and blasted 80s rock so it was memorable at least:)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this little cable-car getaway! So fun and intimate :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and love to hear from readers. Thank you for leaving a message and for visiting Flower & Honey! xoxo, Kat