Tuesday, August 17, 2010

the dress

I have several friends that are at that pivotal stage of their wedding planning: finding THE dress.  I've heard it can be a wonderful, easy choice - some even go with the very first dress they try on! I've also heard the other side in that it can be overwhelming, tiring and frustrating, taking store, after boutique, after shop to find the perfect look. I suppose it's all about the journey and no bride walks down the aisle feeling like they chose the wrong dress...

Jinsey Dauk, of The Knot {dot} com, put together a rockin' list of 15 Tips for Gown Shopping. A few of my favorites include:
  • Wearing nude, skin-tone colored undergarments to your fittings, to be sure of fit and if you can see through the fabric. No peep shows, please!
  • Know your budget going into the shop. Factor in cost of veil, headpiece, shoes, lingerie and jewelry.
  • Trust your instincts - you will know when it's the right dress!
You can find the entire list of dress shopping tips here!

For kicks, I decided to throw together some of my favorite images in a dress inspiration board. I find myself leaning toward ultra-feminine, lace, ruffles and sweetheart necklines.

dress 1

What styles or trends do you love? Or do you have a wedding dress shopping tale or tips of your own you'd like to share? Comment away!

xoxo,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and love to hear from readers. Thank you for leaving a message and for visiting Flower & Honey! xoxo, Kat