Saturday, April 25, 2009

Just the beginning

Weddings can be a magical event where two people, two families join together all because of love. Weddings can also be a major headache for those who are planning it. Which is why I have created this lovely outlet to record my experiences with weddings, and other events! Hopefully it will become a do and don't list for those directly involved in planning such a wonderful occasion. And a fun way for people to find cool tips, fun venues & awesome vendors! I'm going to do my best to post pictures and provide web links so my readers can get the full, wedding effect!

A few items to keep in mind: I am not a professional wedding planner. I am apprenticing with an amazing professional planner which you will certainly read more about later! Also, I am not a bride; at least not yet. While I have been around several weddings of personal friends and family, I have never been directly in charge of my own or anyone else's wedding (hopefully someday! but not yet). In short, my entries will result from my experience with going to weddings, being in weddings or working weddings.


As crazy as weddings can be to plan, as many "Bridezillas" as there are running around, there is one certain thing about the madness. Weddings are a celebration of life and love. This core idea has inspired me for the title of my blog: Life is a flower, love is the honey. Vick said it best...

"Life is a flower of which love is the honey."
Victor Hugo



With that said, I hope you will continue to read and comment! Nothing is better than constructive criticism and positive reinforcement :) So comment away! I look forward to posting more soon!


xoxo
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and love to hear from readers. Thank you for leaving a message and for visiting Flower & Honey! xoxo, Kat